Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Chronic ear infection 1 ear only C&s revealed staph

Customer Question

Chronic ear infection 1 ear only C&s revealed staph pseudointermedius, sensitive to only mupirocin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jackson, 9 years only.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jackson?
Customer: Many different types of topical meds have been tried. The staph cultivated is methicillin resistant.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 5 months ago.

Hello there this is Dr. Reupert
I'm sorry to hear about the ear infection . They can be quite painful especially the bacterial types . Mupirocin is a good antibiotic for staph, as a rule and it can be formulated and compounded by Wedgwood Pharmacy . You will need a prescription from a veterinarian to obtain the solution. You did the medically correct thing by having it cultured.

I will attach a link to the pharmacy

http://www.wedgewoodpetrx.com/items/mupirocin-otic-suspension.html