Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I had mentioned to my vet that Ricky had lost about 10 lbs

Customer Question

I had mentioned to my vet that Ricky had lost about 10 lbs since November 2015 and that he drank water like it was going out of style. Should she have performed more testing to determine what was wrong with him? Also, I have a Boxer mix (Rocky) who is 9 years old and my Jackapoo (Little Bit) is 8 years old. They are both energetic to the point that they still act like puppies. What tests should I have done for them to ensure nothing sneaks up on them as it did with Ricky?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 months ago.

I hope I answered this question in the last post...please let me know if you have any other questions....

i know this is hard and it can make us extra cautious with our other fur babies...caution never hurt anyone...