Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Seems like labored breathing and when laying down tonight

Customer Question

seems like labored breathing and when laying down tonight she's clearly kept awake and not sleeping. still playful though
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bondo 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bound?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question....

Labored breathing in such a young dog as Bondo usually indicates some form of pain or discomfort. This could be from an injury or bruising that you may not be aware of or other causes such as an unstable disc in Bondo's back. The best thing you can do for now, as long as Bondo is eating some, is to give him aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 4-7 days. If he is feeling better than he will be fine. If this condition worsens, you will have to have your vet examine sweet Bondo to be sure we have not missed something.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta