Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is being treated congestive failure years now. She

Customer Question

My dog is being treated for heart congestive failure for 2 years now. She has been taking 3 medicine 2 times a day. The medicines are lasix 20 mg, enalapril 5mg and vetmedin 5mg. She has this terrible cough like she is hacking like Liquid from her heart is sometimes back washing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 11 years old. The vet has prescribed tussinex. I'm hessistant to give it to her. I just found out it is hydrcocone- chlorphen Er. Another thing is I am going through a detoxic method with her from the effects of triplexes. I lost my other dog sugar of 13 years from this flea/ heart worm preventative. It only took one dose for sugar to have all the negative reactions.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Macie?
Customer: The detoxic method is dandelion, milk thristle, and a vegetable Vitimin.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had the cough?

How much does she weigh (so I can appreciate her drug doses relative to her)?