Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog doesn't seem like herself. She appears hunched over

Customer Question

My dog doesn't seem like herself. She appears hunched over like she is in pain and I when she walks she walks very slow and carefully.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: She doesn't appear to have a wound
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Molly and she's 9 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Molly?
Customer: She committed the other day and shakes when I massage her sides
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any history of slips, falls, or injury?

What did her vomit look like?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing? Or her back when you press there?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has she had any diarrhea?