Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Can I give my 14 lab dog 6 mg Valium coughing and hacking

Customer Question

Can I give my 14 lab dog 6 mg Valium for severe coughing and hacking due to collapsed trachea she is usually on cough medicine from the vet but I have not told her yet they are given 5 milligram Valium tonight
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Typo 5 milligram
JA: How old is Typo?
Customer: She is already diagnosed with collapsed trachea she is a Pomeranian 11 years old she has had the controlled substance cough medicine from the vet but I want her to have something tonight I have another cord medicine and months and it is getting worse the past week
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Typo?
Customer: .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebekah Kane replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I am Dr. Kane, and I will do my best to assist you with your pet today. Please give me a moment to type up a response to your concerns. In the meantime- please take a moment to relay any other pertinent information. Sound good?