Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My year old pit ate about 1/4 bottle of clear nail polish. :

Customer Question

hi, my year old pit bull ate about 1/4 bottle of clear nail polish.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: cedric, he is 1 year old pit bull
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cedric?
Customer: no. he is acting normal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

There's no specific antidote for these polishes but they're not considered of significant toxicity to dogs or people (who bite their nails!). I would simply dilute however much Cedric ingested by overfeeding him and encouraging fluid intake by offering tasty liquids such as milk, cream, broths, or bouillons. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.