Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I 't know what is wrong. We were told cancer in October but

Customer Question

hello. I don't know what is wrong. We were told cancer in October but a biopsy confirmed that was not true. Then we were told IBS but his symptoms have been ongoing since October and I am not certain that is correct. The symptoms do not match IBS completely so I thought maybe it is EPI....I live in Mexico and the vet here just wants me to feed him whatever and not medicate him, basically he wants me to contribute to his death.The vet I had in the US will not help any longer because she hasn't seen him since January.Its all very confusing for me as I am getting little to no help from a vetI am currently giving him fortiflora once a day. 20 mg of Predinsone, 40 mg lasix, 250 mg mycophenolate, 1000 mg sulfaslazina, and 12 mg metronidazolhe is much more stable but probably needs b12, the vet refuses to give him injectionsand I can't decide if I should add a digestive enzyme as he sometimes has food in his stool. do you have any advise?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Matt replied 4 months ago.

Hello - I am Dr. Matt - I would be glad to help you with your question.

Is your dog vomiting and/or having diarrhea?

Where were the biopsies taken from?