Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog had diarrhea yesterday afternoon about 20 mins after

Customer Question

My dog had diarrhea yesterday afternoon about 20 mins after trying some no chew spray on a kennel mat. It was that Nature's Miracle No Chew Spray. About 20 min later he was needing to go outside and he just exploded when I got him out the door. I stuck him on the patio right after and about 30 seconds later I saw he threw up. When I looked at it, there was some rope from a toy that he hasn't played with in about 2 weeks and pieces of an orange water toy that he completely destroyed about 2 weeks ago as well. Could the spray have caused that reaction from him or could it be from the toy he ate? I would have thought the toy passed through his system because it's been so long. Any advice?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Murphy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Did you see any blood in the diarrhea? Has he vomited at all?

Is he eating today?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

It is more likely to be something he ate like the toys causing this diarrhea, than just licking some Nature's Miracle No Chew Spray.

If he is eating, and there is no blood in the diarrhea, this may get better on its own. If the diarrhea persists, I would have a stool specimen checked microscpically. Probiotics may also be helpful for diarrhea.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not see any blood and he vomited when the went again that night, but when I checked him this morning there wasn't any more vomit but a little diarrhea still this morning.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I just checked the ingredient list for the Nature's Miracle and they sound pretty safe.

If he is not vomiting and is eating, and the diarrhea is still present, I am not too worried. I might try probiotics, and feeding him lightly today. You could try adding some rice to his food to help bind the diarrhea. A little canned pumkin (unsweetened) may also help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are there any probiotics that you would recommend and where I could get them at?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I like Fortiflora and Proviable, which are made for dogs. You can get them at vet offices, pet stores, online. Culturelle is for people but is supposed to be good for dogs as well and that would be in pharmacies and drug stores.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions, and if this is helpful, and please let me know how he is doing.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Murphy. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 5 months ago.

I did not hear back from you! Let me know if you have any more questions. Kindly consider rating my answer if this was helpful, so the website knows I assisted you!