Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog got a Bath & Body Works room air freshener bottle &

Customer Question

Hi, my dog got a Bath & Body Works room air freshener bottle & punctured it. Will he be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sully. He is 11 months old. Doberman.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sully?
Customer: He recently had blood work (which was fine) & is due to be neutered next week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago did he do so?

Do you think he ingested any of it?

What are the active ingredients listed on product?

Any drooling, vomiting, or appetite loss?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was approx 2 hours ago. No vomiting, drooling or appetite loss. He was eating grass when I let him outside. No active ingredients listed on the spray.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm sure when he punctured it & it got in his mouth that he probably wanted nothing more to do with it but I'm still worried.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you,

First, I am glad to hear that he is fine despite puncturing this 2 hours ago. In that case, to not see signs at this stage suggests that he didn't have much if any. Therefore, we'd not be overly worried here even if B&B is not providing information on the products ingredients (as I have checked online for you as well).

So, in this situation, we’d want to rinse his mouth with cool water to remove any residue of this product. Afterwards, to counter stomach upset, we can dilute anything he may have ingested with a light diet (ie cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder)). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled.

Finally, if we see any hints of nausea (if that grass eating becomes excessive) then we can also treat with an OTC antacid like Pepcid (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid) or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/ranitidine-hcl-zantac). These are usually given 20 minutes before offering food to allow absorption and of course you want to double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any know health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. But again I'd not be overly worried in this case with his lack of signs at this point.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much. This makes me feel better. I have rice on hand & Pepcid as well. Thank you again for your help. :)
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I am glad I could give you peace of mind and a plan of action for Sully. :)

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet