Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

She woke up this morning not her self. Didn't want to get

Customer Question

She woke up this morning not her self. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't feel like walking, only ate a little of her breakfast (she's normally a great eater). I took her outside, and she did #1 and #2, and then finished her breakfast and a little canned pumpkin, but 2 hours later she's still very lethargic.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Adelina. She's about 4 and a half.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Adelina?
Customer: She's a chihuahua-***** ***** mix. Weighs around 9 lbs.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: May have ingested the wrong plant -- possibly wandering jew plant
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Adelina. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

It sounds like she may be hurting somewhere, or she could have a fever. Can you take her temperature with a thermometer?

If this was from eating a plant, I would expect vomiting or diarrhea, and not eating.

It is a good sign she is eating. However, she may have neck or back pain; these sometimes just happen without having had an accident. Small dogs seem more prone to this.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I could, I would take her temp, palpate her lymph nodes, internal organs, spine and neck. I would listen to her with a stethoscope, check her reflexes, and try to see if any of her muscles feel at all tense or painful.

Let me know if you can take her temp, and what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent. Please let me know how she is doing, and if this is helpful, and any other questions I can answer.