Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Mini Schnauzer is 14 years old. he has a sore on the side

Customer Question

Hi My Mini Schnauzer is 14 years old. he has a sore on the side of his back foot for the last few months. It won't heal. He has been on antibiotics for a while. They don't seem to work. What is happening can you tell me
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jasper
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasper?
Customer: He had low blood plateletts and he is on prednizone treatment for that
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Was it originally a wound?

Is he able to lick/scratch it?

Any discharge or pus from it?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is like a sore but no pus or discharge. His vet going to do biopsy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can not take a photo. The sore is not open ,it is red there is a bit of discharge but no puss in it