Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Nothing right now. She ate my husband's oatmeal which had s

Customer Question

Nothing right now. She ate my husband's oatmeal which had his potassium pill crushed in it. Is this going to have a negative effect on her?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your husband's dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Angel, about 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Angel?
Customer: 72 lb Bassett
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 4 months ago.

This should be fine. Potassium supplements are pretty low, and they work over a period of time as they build up in the body. They don't really have an acute effect after one dose. As long as her kidneys are working, she'll be able to process that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's great. Thank you so much.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome.