Pet Doc
Pet Doc, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian - BVSc

Can I give peroxide to a small 18 pound dog to make m vomit?

Customer Question

Can I give peroxide to a small 18 pound dog to make him vomit?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Yes, peroxide can be used to induce vomiting in dogs, and if your boy has ingested this within the last 30 - 60 minutes, then it should hopefully come up pretty easily. There are several ways to induce vomiting, however 3% hydrogen peroxide is the most effective. As it has been about half an hour - he will likely vomit this up pretty easily. You can read about how to induce vomiting in dogs online here:

I hope all of the above makes sense? If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks! I hope to work with you again soon!

Kind Regards,

Dr E

PS: If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. E..." or "Pet-doc..." and others will leave the questions for me.