Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have a 3-4 year old female rotweiller that has problems of

Customer Question

I have a 3-4 year old female rotweiller that has problems of frequent urination even at times where she has peed on the carpet. This is a new dog that was lost.. Can you give me some guidance so I don't dispose of her needlessly? She's is wonderful dog in all other respects, i.e., heels, sits, lays down on command. The only problem is appearing to not be housebroken. Basis question: Is this a training problem or a medical condition? I'd love to keep this dog unless it would be unwise, due to the problem of peeing on the carpet. Her urinations are 15-30 minutes apartl
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Katie Volat replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. KV. I'm here to help with Rudy. You mention she is a new dog that was lost. Was this urinary issue going on before she was lost? How long has she been doing this?