Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists

Drooling, slightly unsteady gait and not as active. Was fine

Customer Question

drooling, slightly unsteady gait and not as active. Was fine an hour ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yeah-I have touched him all over head to toe. Nothing seems to be wrong there
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: he is a year old. current on all vaccines and heart worm prevention. In a fenced back yard. Ate dinner with his normal gusto. Was fine when he came in an hour ago. Kinda wobbly and drooling A LOT. Not his usual spunky self
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 4 months ago.

What kind of a dog is it? Any chance he could have gotten into something in the back yard, or gotten sting by an insect? He sounds very nauseated.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hound dog/terrier mix. 65#. He was fine this morning. Jumped up and ran around, playing and you would never know anything was wrong with him. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
who knows...we lovingly call him "destructo-Dog" cause he will chew anything, eat anything. Our yard is fenced and he shares it with two older dogs that are fine. We are keeping him indoors today (Its very hot here) and watching him.

Oh, that's great news! Glad he's back to his old self! Let me know if any other symptoms arise, or if you have any other questions/concerns. - Dr. C