Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My teacup yorkie got ahold of a small bottle (1/8 ounce) of

Customer Question

My teacup yorkie got ahold of a small bottle (1/8 ounce) of NailTek Nail Nutritionist Keratin Nail Treatment Oil. Somehow she got the top off of it and was chewing on the applicator brush. I am not sure if she ingested any, but it happened 30 minutes ago and she appears to be acting normally. Should I be worried?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. I would very much doubt if this incident will affect your Yorkie in terms of toxicity, the chances are she will not show any adverse symptoms of any sort. However a few dogs might experience a mild transient dose of vomiting and / or diarrhoea, but that's about it.

2. That said I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the unlikely event that your Yorkie's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Yorkie is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the nail oil incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?