Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I have a chocolate labrador retriever and he ate a dog bone

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: i have a chocolate labrador retriever and he ate a dog bone yesterday.Later on he started vomiting. Today he is not vomiting (even though i gave him dog food) but is acting weird. Sitting down a lot and crying a little. Not sure what to do. Thank you for replying.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ecco, 7 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Echo?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am terribly concerned that the bone is causing Ecco abdominal distress and would strongly urge a veterinary exam and x-ray to rule out an obstruction. The sooner it is diagnosed and addressed the better his prognosis and even though he is no longer vomiting he likely is having abdominal and intestinal contractions to move the bone through and it is causing him quite a bit of pain so even if surgery is not an option for you please get him seen by a veterinarian to give him fluid support IV and pain medications to relieve his distress

I hope this makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman