Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 3 year old terrier just woke me up panting and

Customer Question

my 3 year old terrier just woke me up panting and wimpering... I have no idea what is wrong with her but i am really scared
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the terrier?
Customer: none of the vets around here open for about 30 mins and i am so scared.
JA: Where does the terrier seem to hurt?
Customer: no where obvious.. she is just crying and panting a lot
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the terrier?
Customer: no, she has been perfectly healthy up to this point, she is 3 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B,a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?