Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 3 month old Australian Shepard has come up limping three

Customer Question

Hey Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: My 3 month old Australian Shepard has come up limping three times over the last month. it only lasts for a few minutes and the last two times we took him to the vet immediately. Two different vets couldn't find anything wrong or get any pain response from him. We've been trying to keep him as inactive as possible but he's a 3 month old puppy. just wondering if he could be causing long term damage
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Percy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Percy?
Customer: not that i can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Which leg does he show these signs with?

Any chance of trauma (ie falls, slips, injury, etc)?

Any sores, swellings, instability or boney crunching when you palpate the leg?

Do the joints feel stiff when you bend them?

Did his vet do any tests? Try any treatment?