Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

This evening I fed my three dogs and gave them their monthly

Customer Question

This evening I fed my three dogs and gave them their monthly Sentinenal Spectrum. They are 58lbs, 17lbs and 14lbs respectively and receive the green and blue boxes. My husband came in the room as they were finishing their meal and told me that he gave them their Sentinel already ... A week ago!!! I'm not sure why he did as they weren't due until today! I'm completely worried about overdoses since they were within one week of each other. Do I need to induce vomiting? Do I need to worry about toxicity? Help! I'm very worried.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. Just their food with the Sentinel.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No. All three are healthy otherwise. My husband just incorrectly gave them Sentinel last week and another dose was given today.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Dr. Scott. I anxiously look forward to hearing your response.

No problem, just typing it out now ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

Good news, this is nothing to worry about, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below ...

1. Sentinel Spectrum is in fact a very safe product, so much so that from the literature it states that even ingesting a 10x overdose is not expected to cause any problems or any adverse symptoms. Another plus point in your case is that the last dose was given a week ago, really there are no special measures you need take, your dogs should be just fine.

2. Just give the next dose one month from today.

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dogs are getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Sentinenal Spectrum incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?