Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Oden. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
The amount of toxin in ant bait is very small, and most of the toxins used are not harmful to dogs. Even if the whole trap is eaten, the only concern is for the plastic housing causing an intestinal obstruction, not from the ant bait making the dog sick. If he only bit it, and and did not eat the plastic, he should be fine.
Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.
Is he taking any medications for his hear disease?
Sorry: heart disease.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Please let me know how he is doing and if I can answer anything else.
How is Oden doing?