Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My 60 pound dog chewed on a hot shot maxattrax ant bait.

Customer Question

My 60 pound dog chewed on a hot shot maxattrax ant bait. Couple tooth punctures.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Oden and 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oden?
Customer: He has congestive heart failure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Oden. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

The amount of toxin in ant bait is very small, and most of the toxins used are not harmful to dogs. Even if the whole trap is eaten, the only concern is for the plastic housing causing an intestinal obstruction, not from the ant bait making the dog sick. If he only bit it, and and did not eat the plastic, he should be fine.

Let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

Is he taking any medications for his hear disease?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

Sorry: heart disease.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Please let me know how he is doing and if I can answer anything else.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 4 months ago.

How is Oden doing?