Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We found our dog on a leash and he was dead ,he wasnt

Customer Question

we found our dog on a leash and he was dead ,he wasnt completely stiff but had very small maggots fron his mouth and had what looked like powders on his sides which my husband says was maggots eggs he was bleeding from his anus .we just cant understand what happened to him,He was a prised hunting dog.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: I have been reading all i can to try to make sence of it all
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: he is dead
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: they checked him for gunshot wounds and felt for broken bones his stomach did feel like it had fluid in itmore that what he usually looked like
JA: Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: The dog id dead he had bled a small ampount from his mouth and looked like alot from his anus.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name was radar and he was 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Radar?
Customer: No he was in perfect shape ,fed well had lots of fresh water he was in the shade and had woods aro
und him
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: he was a hunting dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** I'm very sorry to hear about this guy's passing. Prior to being found passed away, when was the last time he was seen? Had he been eating and drinking well?