Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Roscoe just suddenly late afternoon started gagging,

Customer Question

Roscoe just suddenly late afternoon started gagging, coughing and vomited. Mostly looked like water. Then one time a little but but only that one time. His nose is wet and cool. He seems to having labored breathing.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: My mom thinks he I swallowed a nut but nothing unusual other than that. He eats if we stand and feed him. He has had chicken broth and can food
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Roscoe. Unknown age. Maybe 5
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roscoe?
Customer: No. He is typically healthy. Nothing abnormal until yesterday afternoon. He is an indoor dog and goes outside through a doggie door to play or do his business
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Does he appear to be breathing faster then 30 breaths in a minute?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Do you mean a metal nut or an edible one?

Has he had any diarrhea?