Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dogs name is sable. She is a shorkie. My sweetie pie has

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** my dogs name is sable. She is a shorkie. My sweetie pie has valley fever and has had it for two years. For the past
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sable?
Customer: I didn't mean to send it that soon. along with valley fever for the past two years she has had a few episodes of reverse sneezing, she has allergies, she had a bronchial infection to top it off. Today she has been looking out into space looking very strange her eyes. She licks her lips alot, and her back is twitching with spasms. I don't think she is in pain, I am trying to remain calm and I am so worried. We have had 3 xrays the past 6 months. We just can't seem to get any answers. We did another titer and will get the results monday. forgive my spelling.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Sable's altered mentation (mental status) as evidenced by her "looking out into space looking very strange (in) her eyes" concerns me. It suggests that her valley fever is now involving her central nervous system (brain, spinal cord) and these patients have a poor prognosis. May I have an update on Sable, please?