Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She is too weak to move, too weak to even lift her head up.

Customer Question

She is too weak to move, too weak to even lift her head up. She has also been vomiting even when we give her water.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sassy, 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sassy?
Customer: she is also crying in pain, and hasnt eaten in a few days, and is constipated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's our neighbor's dog and they went on vacation. She's been feeling poorly since Thursday. In the daytime she seems to do a bit better trying to walk around and can lift her head to drink. But, after 5pm or so she always takes a turn for the worse and cannot move at all. My neighbors will return tomorrow, so hopefully she will get some vet care if she can hang in there until tomorrow.
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Sassy. Do you know if she got into something or ate something she shouldn't have? Is she eating? She certainly sounds very sick and is probably dehydrated - would her owners want you to take her to an emergency clinic tonight?

Please give me some additional information and I'll be happy to make some more suggestions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think she's gotten into anything, she's an outside dog and there is nothing really around her cage that she could have gotten into. She hasn't been eating much with help she's taken a few bites here and there, but can't keep it down. I've been trying to keep her hydrated by helping her to drink water. We also added a crushed penicillin (250 mg) pill into her water yesterday and the day before. I am very much hoping that when they return, she can be taken to an emergency vet.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went to check on her this morning and she has started to throw up blood and like a thick yellow/white mucus. Plus, I had trouble getting her to drink any water.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the blood is bright red
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I took her to an emergency vet this morning and she had to be put to sleep. Thanks for your help.