Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I suspect my dog swallowed something and he keeps acting

Customer Question

I suspect my dog swallowed something and he keeps acting like he's gagging and now he's coughing up a little
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 12 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Major?
Customer: Now he's not drinking any water and he's just laying around but he went to the vet today to get his shots but the doctor didn't seem like it was a big deal but he's not eating like he was
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- To make sure I got this right, he was examined today by a veterinarian for the cough?

2- What breed is he?

3- How much does he weigh?

4- Is he like hacking?

5- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he went to the vet today and to get his shots and he's a pitbull and he's 12 weeks old and he weighs I believe 10pounds and his gums are pale and they did say that he may be anemic so they gave me some medicine to sprinkle on his food for that but prior to that just like a day ago he's been coughing like he has something in his throat and he's been gagging he's still been trying to eat up until today every time you drink something or eat something he starts to gag

Friend, I am sorry for the delay in response, I was offline by the time you came back. If you would like to continue can you give me an update on how Major is doing?