Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just had an enema at the vet today and she is

Customer Question

Hi, My dog just had an enema at the vet today and she is bleeding and it is mixed with mucus. I am thinking to some degree this may be normal. However she has multiple health issues and I am concerned. What signs would indicate she needed to go back to the vet right away? Thank you, Melinda
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Just?
Customer: She has liver disease, a collapsing trachea, a hypo thyroid, and is on medication for seizures.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is this the first enema that she had? Does she have a history of being constipated? Have you seen her defecate since the enema?