Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Tail tucked under body as far as possible. He takes

Customer Question

Tail tucked under body as far as possible. He takes gabapentin for arthritis. Anal glands seem OK.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Romeo 18 years old in April.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Romeo?
Customer: Acts confused at times. Urinates every 2-4 hours and is not as well house trained as he was.
JA: Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 4 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Romeo. I love the old dogs! Does he take any other medications? How long has the excessive urination been going on? Has your vet done any bloodwork and urine tests recently to see if this is due to an underlying medical problem? Please give me some additional information and I'll be happy to offer some suggestions.