Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dogs belly is swollen. She been taken predisdone since

Customer Question

My dogs belly is swollen. She been taken predisdone since yesterday, is this normal? Are should I stop giving her the medicine
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Belly?
Customer: She is 11
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Belly?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** sustained a neck injury due to me dropping her a few days ago. The vet put her on also amoxicillan, and tramodal for pain.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome,

This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.

I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so.

We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already paid, I don't understand about me being sent to a page to pay.

Hello again,

Must be some bug in the system, please do not pay for anything until you have read and are happy with my answer { Which I am typing out now }

If there is any problem regarding payment after we have concluded our dialogue then I will be very glad to contact the site admin on your behalf.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They took my credit card, after I asked the question
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was for $5 than $14 for the answer

Hello again,

I think the site takes a deposit { which is fully refundable } when you ask the question.

But as I said I will be glad to sort this out for you, in the meantime I am typing out your reply and you should have it shortly.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again

Sorry to hear about your dog's problems, I have worked out an answer for you below ...

1. " My dogs belly is swollen. She been taken predisdone since yesterday, is this normal? " : No this is not typical, in my experience this would be a very unexpected symptom related to the use of this drug. Probably no connection.

2. " Should I stop giving her the medicine ? " : I would be reluctant to suggest you stop these meds, but really you should contact the vet clinic where these drugs were prescribed as soon as possible.

3. Hopefully this is something very minor in your case, but the worry with a sudden onset swollen belly would be things like internal bleeding or build up of fluid in the abdominal cavity { Ascities } So if in doubt best have your dog checked over by a vet again.

4. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand I'll call them now thank you

That is by far the best thing to do ...

Please let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Fabby is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her distended abdomen ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.