Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog has been outside (very hot) playing with my

Customer Question

my dog has been outside (very hot) playing with my granddaughter, now he is inside and slobbering exessively whinning every once in a while. Doesn't look good. He's a little over a year old minature austrailian sheaperd
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both tonight

I am so sorry to hear your pet is showing these symptoms today...

The primary cause of drooling and licking lips is nausea in dogs. Other possible causes include an abscessed tooth, a foreign body such as a stick in the mouth, a mass orally, or ingesting something that is bitter or caustic. My concern being out in the heat even with access to fresh water is hyperthermia. CLICK HERE for more information on this condition in pets. If you are able to get a rectal temperature that would be ideal and if >103.5 please seek medical attention asap because this can become a life threatening situation.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I will be away from my computer for a little over an hour to see an appointment but will return tonight to see if you have responded and I have missed you in the next few moments...

Good evening, I wanted to check in on Panda Jack since you asked your question earlier. Is he doing alright? Did you take him to your veterinarian? I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!