Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Ive just moved and havent used the kennel dog last few

Customer Question

hi, ive just moved and havent used the kennel for my dog for the last few weeks. he's a 74 lb lab/staffie mix. he dug into a box and ripped apart decorations i had and may have ingested styrofoam. they were "cranberries" a little larger than a grape. i don't think he ate any full ones, but he did not have a bowel movement earlier today even though he looked like he needed one. besides inducing vomiting is there anything else i can do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Oscar. he is very happy still and bouncing around
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Oscar?
Customer: no, hes a very healthy dog.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Oscar. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:

1. How long ago did he eat the styrofoam?

2. How many objects do you think he might have eaten?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb