Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

He and my other dog have a fight. : And he has a lot of

Customer Question

He and my other dog have a fight.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: And he has a lot of ticks in his ear, deep and now its infect. Will not eat at all.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Its a big sheep guard dog. Is 4 years old. Not housedog. I can not pet them normally but now I can - he is weak now. They stay outside with sheep.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. If there was a fight between two dogs then there can be tissue and muscle torn and damaged where you cannot see it as well, a dog's mouth has a lot of bacteria in it so any bite wound will quickly become infected. Any infection will require antibiotics from your vet. If there are a lot of ticks they too are damaging the blood system.

I am going to direct you to a site that will tell you how to take the vital signs of a dog and if these vitals do not match up well then you probably need emergency care for your dog. Particularly important are the gum color, capillary refill time an if there is a fever. The site will take you step by step in how to do all of this.

On this end all we can tell you is what to look for in a situation like this. We cannot prescribe meds.

What is Normal in dogs

Expert:  Sally G. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?