Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Two days ago noticed small amount of blood from s penis. He

Customer Question

Two days ago noticed small amount of blood from his penis. He has also been having a lot of accidents in the house. He is still active and eating. Drinking lots of water.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Toby?
Customer: He is fourteen and three years ago he had surgery for a slipped disk.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 6 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely, Toby has a mild bladder infection that is causing the blood and incontinence. If this is the case, your vet can prescribe antibiotics to resolve this for him. Since Toby is older, there are other issues that can cause these symptoms such as prostatic disease or cancer (especially if Toby is NOT neutered) or bladder stones or Kidney disease. Have your vet run testing to rule these out and then you will know for sure what is causing this in your sweet Old friend, Toby. Without these tests, it is hard for me to tell you what will be best for him.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****