Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He is on prednisone and has semi milky in color discharge

Customer Question

He is on prednisone and has semi milky in color discharge (occasionally) out of left nostril when he sneezes. Our vet has said ok to give Benadryl because of reverse hiccups . Is ok to combine the 2 medications?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Paco. 10 year old Chihuahua
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Paco?
Customer: Not a A lot of energy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 4 months ago.

I’m Dr. Jenn and I’m a licensed veterinarian with 18 years of experience. I’m here to help with your question about Paco. I love Chihuahuas! I have 2 myself. ;)

I’m so sorry you’re having this problem, but glad you’re looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you’re satisfied with the information I’ve provided. I’ll do my best to ear your good rating, because that’s the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.

It is okay to give Prednisone and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) at the same time. We often do that with dogs that have allergies. You mention Paco doesn't have a lot of energy. Is this new? Associated with the nasal discharge? Is he improving with the medications?