Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He inhale and ate some talc powder and the vet told me he

Customer Question

He inhale and ate some talc powder and the vet told me he has a bad infection and he is difficulty breathing now..the vet said he either go to surgery or i put him to sleep
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buster 5yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buster?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Excessive talc inhalation can cause a severe inflammatory reaction that can lead to a condition known as pneumonitis (inflammation of the lungs). Buster may also develop a secondary infectious pneumonia. Continued inflammation of his lungs can develop into pulmonary fibrosis, a condition in which the damage to his lungs causes scarring. This isn't a surgical problem in the great majority of cases. Patients are administered antiinflammatory doses of a glucocorticosteroid such as prednisone and administered supplemental oxygen in an oxygen cage until their oxygen saturation (the amount of oxygen in their blood stream) stays at an appropriate level.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thx anyway but i had to put him down because the vet said they was able to take just a lil bit of the fluids from his lungs because it was to thick and the surgery for that was going to be between $10,000-$15,000 that obviously i didnt had to save my ������

My concolences for your loss of Buster. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.

You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.