Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog started weezing by the sound of s breathing and

Customer Question

Hi my dog started weezing by the sound of his breathing and attempts to vimit but nothing comes...he also has this weird shake around the tummy area when he breaths out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tyson?
Customer: He did look a bit down couple days ago he vomited but by the end of day he seemed to go back to normal
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Tyson eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that i know of i fed him the regular biscuits dry and can of dog food
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Ronald Reupert replied 5 months ago.

Hi...this is Dr. Reupert

I'm not sure if you were describing a thing called a reverse sneeze which is common and not serious . The mouth will be closed, they'll be sucking in vigorously through their nose and their sides will be heaving. Between episodes they will usually being normal with a normal appetite and activity level . Does this sound like what your dog is doing?