Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

There's a possibility that my 5 1/2 month old teacup morkie

Customer Question

There's a possibility that my 5 1/2 month old teacup morkie puppy accidentally got a hold of a strong sleeping pill... I dropped 2 in the bathroom I got 1 and thought the othrt had fallen down the drain but all of a sudden he was chewing on something... is there something I can do to make him through it up before the capsule disolves?.... please help
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this has happened. Puppies can be so fast with things like this.

How long ago did this happen?

What medication did the puppy eat, how much (in mg) do you think he got, and how much does your puppy weigh?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
20 minutes at least, 1x temazepam 30mg, he eeighs 3lbs...please please help... O couldn't deal with causing him harm
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

This medication has the potential to cause some harm. I would recommend inducing vomiting. You can do this by taking your dog to the vet for injectable medication (apomorphine), or you can induce vomiting at home using 3% hydrogen peroxide. You should give 1/2 a teaspoon orally. This should induce vomiting within 10 minutes. If it has not, you can give another 1/2 teaspoon.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you do much, I just dont have the financial means for the veternary visit nor foes my phone plsn allow for long distance calling... the peroxide will save him from harm?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

The peroxide should induce vomiting with either the first or second dose. This will get the medication out and should prevent any harm to him from the medication.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Ziggy. How is everything going?

Dr. G.