Dani Rabwin
Dani Rabwin,
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian at Broadway Pet Hospital
94504053

My small dog got scared by a german shepherd and is now

Customer Question

My small dog got scared by a german shepherd and is now drooling excessively and vomited once he is making soft whimpering noises.should he be seen by a vet.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dani Rabwin replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Dani, I'm a small animal veterinarian and I'm happy to help with Peanut. What happened with the larger dog? Was there any physical contact? Please give me some more information and I'll be happy to give some suggestions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Peanut was possiblychased and hid from the other dog. I am not sure if physical contact occurred. Peanut was outside and Luna got out of the kennel. We came home one hour later and peanut was hiding and Luna was out.

Ok thanks for the additional information. It's unlikely that if he was just scared that he would be drooling and vomiting. I suspect something else happened. Is he breathing comfortably? Are his gums pink and not white or blue? Is he walking normally? How long has been since Peanut last ate? Low blood sugar is also a big concern in these little pups.

If he's limping, having trouble breathing, or has persistent vomiting, then I would definitely recommend you take him to a local emergency clinic.

If he is not doing any of those things, then can you try offering a small amount of food and see how he does?

Please let me know any additional questions or updates.

And when you are satisfied with the service you've received, please make sure to rate me as this is the only way I am compensated for my time.

Thanks! Dr. Dani

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you his gums are pink and he is jumpy of loud noises. We are trying to entice him to eat. He is walking fine.

Ok that's all very positive. Let me know if he takes food and if he seems to relax.

The other thought I had is if he was outside, depending on where you're located, it's pretty warm which means bees and other bugs are out - sometimes bee stings and insect bites can cause drooling or vomiting - is this a possibility? Or anything else he may have gotten into while outside?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Peanut started eating the Kong easy treat and seems to be relaxing now.

Ok that's great news! Please let me know if anything changes or if you have any other questions.

Thanks