Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
1- How many ounces was the bar?
2- How long has it been since she ate it?
3- Type of chocolate (dark, milk, etc.)?
4- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.
Friend, I found the ingredients for the Kid's Clif Chocolate Chip Z-Bar, it has unsweetened organic chocolate. Upon calculating the toxic dose for 1.2 oz for a 28 lbs dog it can be life threatening. I would recommend to try to induce vomiting with peroxide, this is what you can do:
1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.3- If she does not vomit or you do not see the chocolate in the vomit I would have her checked by nearest ER veterinarian for supportive care.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.