Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I rescued a puppy from abandonment, took m to a 24hr vet

Customer Question

I rescued a puppy from abandonment, took him to a 24hr vet clinic, he had fleas, hook worms, & a minor case of mange. He was on two types of meds (liquids, oraly once a day for 3 days, & once a day for 5 days) one was for the hook worms he had, & the other was for the mange. To my understanding he has no more fleas, & the hook worms are gone because they are no longer evident in his stool. My problem now is that he is not active at all (he is only a puppy. No more than 11 weeks old) he will not eat hard or soft food & hardly drinks water, lays down alot for a dog, his gums are a very pale pink & dry, and at times he will salivate out of the mouth when he sleeps. I dont know what to do!! Please Help!!!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 5 months ago.

Poor Spot!

I am sorry to hear he is not doing well.

What medications is he on right now?

Did they check any bloodwork at the emergency vet?