Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian

Can you give a dog pedialite and what dosage

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I see you are concerned about Spencer and going out for hikes in the heat.

Typically water is all that is needed for a hot day hike or walk.

You can give something like pedialyte or gatorade, however only in small amounts due to the sugars and salts present. I would personally just stick with water and make sure you have plenty of it with you.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with today? Does all of this make sense?

Water is always the best hydrator. You shouldn't need to give any pedialyte after a hike just as we shouldn't need any pedialyte after a hike. Keep you and your dog well hydrated with water and you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure to bring a bowl with you for the water as well.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Spencer. How is everything going?

Dr. G.