Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Sorry to hear about your dog! I would continue to rinse her mouth out with water, positioning her head in a way that the water runs back out, and not down her throat. The reason she is foaming is because toads can have a toxin in their skin that tastes really bitter. If she didn't swallow the toad or too much of the toxin- she will probably be OK. Most of the time there is not enough toxin to cause severe illness, but in some cases- especially if the toad was eaten, it can be more serious. How big is your dog?
Do you have any other questions for me?
Good luck! I hope she feels better soon.
Please provide a rating for my answer when you have a moment.
Please don't forget to provide a rating!