Experience:  Relief Veterinarian at Aloha Animal Hospital

What can I give my 8 year old Shih Tzu headache she t her

Customer Question

What can I give my 8 year old Shih Tzu for a headache she hit her head on a door jam I need to help her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

Elinor, you're necessarily constrained to aspirin dosed at 10 mg/lb with food twice daily or acetaminophen dosed at 7 mg/lb thrice daily. You must avoid both the toxic ibuprofen and naproxen. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this question. Please stay in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 4 months ago.

Hello Elinor this is Dr. Holloway and I am another licensed veterinarian here to help. I understand you wish to speak over the phone, I am allowed to provide that service for you if you wish. Would you like me to put the request through now?

Ok Elinor I have not heard a response from you in quite some time so I will also opt out of the conversation for another expert to be able to assist you further. - Dr. H