Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

Had a fever of 105 Sat. Took her to Vet, they got the fever

Customer Question

Had a fever of 105 Sat. Took her to Vet, they got the fever down but now she seems worse. Blood and Urine tests were fine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gracie. 6yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?
Customer: She is breathing heavy. Doesn't want to walk. Vet also took X-rays - nothing abnormal other than arthritis.
JA: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes but I will look again. She is on antibiotics
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She got in Garcinia Cambogia a few weeks ago - could this be the cause? Although I am not sure why she would be limping from it.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. Can you upload a copy of Gracie's test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but Gracie's vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon above your message box (if you can see the icon) or by using an external app such as

Her breathing heavy can represent fever, pain, or cardiopulmonary disorders and any metabolic disorder causing a metabolic acidosis (blood becomes too acid/lower pH than normal) can cause such breathing. Her not wanting to walk concomitant with fever can indicate an infectious or immune-mediated polyarthritis, a diskospondylitis (infection in an intervertebral disk), polymyositis, or polyneuritis. Tick-borne diseases such as Lyme, anaplasmosis, and ehrlichiosis should be an important differential diagnosis in such a patient depending upon where you live.

Garcinia shouldn't be incriminated. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.