Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian.

My dog ate a 10 mg zocor. what should I do : Zoey 1 year in

Customer Question

my dog ate a 10 mg zocor. what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zoey 1 year in 2 weeks
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoey?
Customer: Not that I know of. Just an active puppy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I understand that you are concerned about Zoey eating a 10mg Zocor tablet.

Zocor is the trade name for the generic cholesterol lowering drug simvastatin.

This particular drug is in the "statin" class of drugs, which as a class are not considered highly toxic drugs in dogs and have few side effects when accidentally ingested. They work by interfering with the absorption of fats, particularly low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, triglycerides, and total cholesterol

You may see some loose stools for the next couple of days, but that should be the extent of it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 4 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Kara
Expert:  Dr. Kara replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****