Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can I use fipronil and s-methoprene on a dog with mange

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now since your question isn't completely clear, I will try to answer both interpretations of the question. First, you can apply a spot on 24 hours after fully rinsing off any dips or specific mite treatments. Otherwise, if you meant whether you could use that combination to treat mange, you can do so if she has scabies. Though if she has Demodex mites, then you may want to consider Bravecto, Certifect, Vectra, Advantage Multi, or Selemectin based spot on treatments as these can help control Demodex. In fact, the Bravecto has been shown to be effective for to 3 months in some dogs and could be an option for Butters.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

How if everything with your wee one?

Dr. B.