Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 80 lb Labrador retriever ate one of my cymbalta pills 60

Customer Question

My 80 lb Labrador retriever ate one of my cymbalta pills 60 mg. and possibly one of my Celebrex.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long since he took the pills?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
30 min. I can go buy the peroxide

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

How many milligrams was the celebrex?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
200 mg

Friend, you need to move quickly and try to induce vomiting with peroxide within the hour. The main concern is the Cymbalta which can cause Serotonin syndrome (agitation, vocalization, seizures, tremors, etc.). To induce vomiting with peroxide this is what you can do:

1- Give him 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow him to walk for a minute and move his belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If he does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

3- If he does not vomit or you do not see the pills in the vomit I would have him checked by ER veterinarian for supportive care.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.