Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Male dog about 13 yrs old. Hasn't eaten 4 days drinks water

Customer Question

Male dog about 13 yrs old. Hasn't eaten for about 4 days drinks water then throws it up. Took to Vet today and they don't know what is wrong. Did dehydration treatment subcutaneous is all. I tried to get him eat scrambled egg, won't touch it. Don't know what to do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tator
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tarot?
Customer: No, is this just old age?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he drinking more than usual?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Did the vet send him home with any medications?

4- Did the vet do any testing like blood work or xrays?