Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Third eyelud showing, discharge from back end, panting,

Customer Question

Hi, Third eyelud showing, discharge from back end, panting, drooling
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sandy 10 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sandy?
Customer: Female, a few weeks ago finished anti biotics for abcess
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.

Please clarify where the discharge is coming from - her vulva or anus? Is Sandy spayed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think it's the vulva, there has recently been spots of blood in her urine which I thought was a season

Thank you. ***** were in heat 1-3 months ago and now discharging from her vulva - blood, pus, or both - a pyometra (purulent endometritis/uterine infection) needs to be considered. These dogs can become quite ill, drink excessively, and need to be spayed at your earliest convenience. Her vet can check Sandy's complete blood count for elevated numbers of white blood cells and X-ray or ultrasound Sandy's abdomen looking for an enlarged uterus. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?